Thursday, September 18, 2008

You Deserve Better

Do you face before... What you promise to someone cant be achieve? Until you, yourself do not have confident to give any promises anymore... It sound very sad right? I think I having this problem. I think should giving you example to illustrate...
.
Let say...
.
You promise customer that you will deliver the system to them. But you cant finish due to certain circumstances. So you promise them that you will finish by next week. But when next week... you still cant deliver the thing that you promise to them... Do you still promise next next week to them? and the main point is do the customer still believe on you? That might be important point right?
.
When come to this, do you still want to promise them you will deliver in right time? or you just tell them... I try my best to deliver but no gurantee what is the time? But this sound not fair to customer right because their waiting for that... or maybe they need it urgently?
I think the customer should deserved better services from other company, right?
.
I dont dare to promise anything and anymore right now...
.
Short term happiness is depressed, long term happiness is the actual happiness...

5 comments:

Yuan said...

Instead of worrying on customer feeling, it will be better if you can actually look into what wrong with your planning that make you unable to keep your promise.When you found the root cause, then everything will be solved.
Be cheerful!

Anonymous said...

Erm.. promise ppl oso must make a wise choice.

Probably u hav to include some buffer time. Eg. If u can finish in 3 days, just tell them 5 days. U got 2 more days for backup. If u deliver earlier (3 days), u still can get praised summo.

-Wei Liang-

Anonymous said...

Oops.. double posted... can delete ah? -Wei Liang-

Johnt|M said...

Thanks Yuan... finding the root cause now and hopefully I am able know what is going wrong.

Hei wei liang, deleted... buffer? I scare buffering again... if I buffer and cannot achieve again? Hahaha. I must have more confident to myself =) Thank wei liang !

Siu KeOnG said...

dont worry bro, i promise you that i will always stay beside you...hahahahahahahahha...

okla, back to serious. But dont mess up company and person, is difference case. Hehe... but if the customer can understand the reason why u can delivery, maybe it can be forgive.

Like me.. i always late delivery my project...hahahaa