Thursday, March 08, 2007

Sleepless Nights

My love,

It has been few days since you left me, having departed from my life. I have suffered terribly all this time, unable to sleep at night well, and during the day I have not known where to run from my pain, which follows me everywhere. I have tried to forget you, as you asked me to, but the sleepless nights laughed at my efforts. Like intimate friends, they won’t release me from their embrace, not for a fleeting moment.

I am so dear to them now, now I myself am loved, not by you, but by my sleepless nights. Even now, as I am writing these lines, they are here beside me. It is night outside. Happy people are sleeping peacefully, while others are writing useless letters. Je regrette, my love, but I can not do you this favor. For the first time, I cannot comply, and refuse to forget you. What could I do when you wouldn’t allow me to say your name? I will never utter it again, but I will keep writing letters that you won’t even read. They will be read by those who don’t sleep at night.

I really Miss You !

By Liana Margiva
Modified by Johntim

No comments: